Guidelines from the Diocese of Calgary:
- Masses are to be celebrated simply and reverently within a shorter time.
- Possible exposure to the contagion must be limited.
- Alberta Health Services require that a record of all attendees and volunteers and their contact information be kept for contact tracing purposes.
- Attendees and volunteers 65 years of age or older and individuals with chronic medical conditions are encouraged to stay safe by avoiding public gatherings, but are not prohibited from attending Mass if they so choose. You do so at your own risk.
- All attendees and volunteers are expected to wear non-medical masks and should bring their own masks.
- Anyone who has even the slightest symptoms or feelings of sickness must remain at home.
- Please note that volunteers are automatically given a seat to attend mass. Volunteer job descriptions are below.
- VOLUNTEER POSITIONS MUST BE FILLED FOR THE MASS TO BE CELEBRATED.
|Saturday, July 4 at 5 PM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Sunday, July 5 at 9 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Sunday, July 5 at 10:30 AM |
|Monday, July 6 at 9 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Tuesday, July 7 at 9 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Wednesday, July 8 at 7 PM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Thursday, July 9 at 9 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Friday, July 10 at 9AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Saturday, July 11 at 5 PM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Sunday, July 12 at 9 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
|Sunday, July 12 at 10:30 AM||Attend/Volunteer|
DESCRIPTION OF VOLUNTEER JOBS
All Volunteers must wear masks and gloves while performing their duties.
GREETER / ATTENDANCE (must arrive 45 minutes before start of mass)
An attendance list will be taken as people enter the church facility: full name of each participant to be checked against the list or added in an unclaimed space. This will enable management of cases through contact tracing and follow-up, if necessary.
SAFETY TEAM (must arrive 45 minutes before start of mass)
Point of Entry volunteers are responsible for asking attendees the Alberta Health Services questions and supervising the appropriate physical distancing. They are responsible for access doors being propped open and closed.
USHERS (must arrive 45 minutes before start of mass)
Ushers must direct attendees to the available space in the pews in order to ensure proper physical distancing between households, manage seating and monitor occupancy. Ushers are to facilitate the entry and departure of the faithful as directed by the priest.
CLEANERS (at the end of mass)
Implement the AHS “wipe-twice” method to clean and disinfect. Wipe surfaces with a cleaning agent to clean off soil and wipe again with a disinfectant. Clean and disinfect pews in between Masses. Clean all doorknobs, light switches, toilet handles, faucets and taps, railings, counters etc.